Content & Social Strategist
Backed by a recent $100MM investment from top VC firm, Insight Partners, iLobby is experiencing rapid growth as the enterprise market leader in the Visitor and Workforce Management space. With clients in 45+ countries and a platform that is truly best-in-class, the company is well positioned for explosive growth as we scale our team. Profitable, nimble, and with a growing list of F500 clients, iLobby is an ideal place for any high potential leader to accelerate their career.
To support our growth, we are now building out our Marketing team and are looking for our first Content & Social Strategist. Reporting into a VP of Marketing with a history of successfully scaling rockstar marketing teams and revenue pipeline, the successful candidate will help to establish strong content marketing processes to drive SEO, support our paid media efforts, and arm the Go-To-Market team with thought leadership materials to help close business. This role is ideal for “builders” – the type that are equally skilled in vision, strategy, and execution. Those looking to follow an existing playbook or maintain the status quo need not apply.
As iLobby’s first Content & Social Strategist you will work with the Go-To-Market teams to combine their buyer and market insights with your content and SEO knowledge to build thought-leadership and product content that drives results. You’ll be responsible for the overall content strategy – from the content calendar to the topics to the media selection – to improve our search engine ranking position (SERP), increase organic web traffic, and support the Sales and CS teams in their pursuit of new revenue. You will also be responsible for creating much of the early content for iLobby, leveraging your journalist-level writing ability, then scaling that work through freelance content creators and eventually a small in-house team. Finally, you’ll leverage social media channels to promote your content and other company initiatives. The successful candidate will be someone that is eager to be hands-on in the tools, processes, and relationships to enable our revenue pipeline, while building a strategy and plan to onboard new team members to continue our revenue growth over time.
This role is located at our brand-new Toronto office (Yonge and Finch/Sheppard) on the top floor of a great building with 360-degree views of the city.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work closely with the VP, Marketing and Go-To-Market leaders to audit, assess, and create a content engine that aligns to business objectives and customer needs
- Generate ideas and edit content for ilobby.com, developing and overseeing audience-centric thought-leadership, product, and service-driven content and their derivatives, such as social media and promotional assets
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Graphic Designers, Demand Generation, and the Product team to build and launch best-in-class content assets
- Engage with and direct freelancers and agencies, as needed, to scale the content engine
- Own our social media channels and leverage them to promote our content through well-written and timed posts
- Build a dashboard of content KPIs, leveraging off-the-shelf tools like SEMRush, to demonstrate content performance and draw insights into what’s working and what’s not
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Journalism, or related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, Journalism, or other content development role with at least 2 in content leadership / strategy role
- Experience managing an external team of freelancers and/or internal team of direct reports would be beneficial
- Experience in digital content creation (writing blog posts, creating social media posts, SEO, working within CMSs) and developing content strategy
- Experience working with LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels to post and manage content
- Exceptional storyteller, idea-generator, and audience-centric thinker who also has the analytical abilities to act on insights and apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated
- Very strong content writer with experience and a portfolio to back it up – experience writing for a B2B audience is preferred
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) essentials required
- B2B SaaS, software, or high-tech experience is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
We believe that a diverse team is the key to innovation and growth. We are an equal opportunity employer that value diversity at our company and encourage all candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
iLobby will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked, and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Please note that all candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
iLobby thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
iLobby Website: www.ilobby.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ilobby-visitor-management
Office location: 5525 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5S3
To apply: Please send an e-mail to HR@ilobby.com